Posts for tag: Stomach Pain
Are you suffering from stomach pain? Has it become intolerable?
There are a variety of reasons as to why you may be suffering from stomach pain but it's not something that you should have to live with. If you want to stop the pain, contact your New York, NY, gastroenterologist, Dr. Daniel Alpert, who can help you.
What is Stomach Pain?
Stomach pain is not uncommon and almost everyone feels it at some point in their life. Usually, stomach pain isn't harmful, but that most certainly is not always the case. While diagnosing and treating simple problems isn't difficult, when it comes to the serious cases, you need to recognize their symptoms to know when to call your gastroenterologist.
Red Flag Symptoms:
- Persistent constipation
- Blood in the stools
- Persistent nausea
- Persistent vomiting
- Vomiting blood
- Severe tenderness of the belly
- Jaundice, which is the yellow discoloration of skin
- Swelling of the abdomen
Most Common Causes of Stomach Pain:
- Stomach virus
- Menstrual cramps
- Food poisoning
- Food allergies
- Lactose intolerance
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Kidney stones
- Crohn’s disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Screening and Diagnosis:
- Blood Tests, which consists of a complete blood count.
- X-ray and Imaging Tests, which are used to take pictures of the interior of your body.
- Endoscopy, which is a special, flexible instrument that gives doctors an image of your digestive tract.
If you are suffering from stomach pain, or have any questions or concerns, you should contact Dr. Daniel Alpert. Just call his New York, NY office at (212) 599-7910 today to schedule an appointment.